Saturday, February 25, 2012

Day 44 – ¡Maduros y mas maduros!

We must have been tired last night because we didn’t hear the chancho but he was surely dead this morning. I wanted to work on the special talk so we spent the morning cleaning the house and then I went outside to work on the talk (no sunblock again-yes, I burned) and Leah made lunch. A real Ecuadorian meal all by herself (well, I cooked the maduros).  We have tons of them and they ripen super quickly here, but we could eat ourselves sick on them.  Ensalada de sardinas (sardines, tomatoes, onions, cilantro and lime juice), arroz and maduros.
It was a pretty uneventful day but really relaxing. We studied our Watchtower, took a nap and then worked out for an hour. It would be really cool if I actually looked like I work out. Robin made chili today which had all of us really stoked after the meeting. We cleaned the hall really fast so that we could race home to eat it. A bowl (or 3) of chili and a cold brew-¡fabuloso!

Diana, Maria Ester y my honey.
The meeting was really great-especially the Watchtower study. The 3 articles on the holy spirit have been great for everyone, and especially for the many studies that attend. There were 15 that attended again tonight! And most of them participated. It seems like there is a lot of potential for growth here.

Well, sorry but like I said it was somewhat uneventful today. I’ll try to do better tomorrow. It’s tough to type with so much chili in my belly J

No comments:

Post a Comment